"Evaluation à mi parcours du projet d'appui à l'ON et appui à la formulation d'une fiche action pour un programme transitoire d'appui au système de l'ON"
The general objective of the mission was twofold; firstly, it was to assess whether the objectives of the 10th EDF Support Project the National Authorising Officer (CELON) were achieved, and thereby the CELON performance level in monitoring the implementation of EDF projects in Burundi, as well as to propose an exit strategy from the current project toward the internalisation by government agencies of the management of EU’s aid. Secondly, it was to formulate the next program to be financed from the resources of the 11th EDF, taking into account the strengths and weaknesses resulted from the evaluation findings.
The specific objectives of the evaluation were the following:
• To propose corrective actions capable of accelerate the achievement of the objective of the project, as well as a vision of the future project proposal, in terms of its durability and its effectiveness. The key criteria taken into consideration have been, namely, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability;
• To propose a new program to support the National Authorising Office system in accordance with the guidelines contained in the project identification sheet, and the findings of the evaluation.
The main activities implemented to reach the project objective and purposes have been:
• Analysis of relevant documents;
• Organisation of meetings with several actors of the EDF projects, including representatives of the EU Delegation, the CELON’s Director, the responsible of the operational program CELON, the project monitoring officers, the focal points of the various ministries, the heads of management units, the coordinating unit of the 2nd VP aids and the Technical and Financial Partners;
• Assessment of the relevance of the performance evaluation system (including indicators and means of verification);
• Reporting and debriefing with the Delegation.