Identification et formulation de l’appui de l’Union européenne au secteur de la santé au Niger
The overall objective of the mission was to support the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Finance and the Delegation of the European Union in the identification and formulation of programmes in support of for the health and nutrition sector.
The specific objectives of the mission were:
• To verify the eligibility and suitability criteria for sector budget support (Sector Reform Contract-SRC);
• To enhance the impact of interventions in the areas of maternal and child health, reproductive health, nutrition, funding and management;
• To identify priority areas for the institutional support, in line with the objectives of SRC;
• To formulate an additional support project, in order to enhance achievements and results of SRC in some specific areas (including sexual and reproductive health and nutrition).
The mission was in charge of:
• Analysing the health care sector in order to confirm the feasibility and relevance of the Sector Reform Contract-SRC as aid modality;
• Organizing communication sessions in order to raise awareness on the implications of the budget support instrument, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders from the Ministry of Health and the National Authorising Officer;
• Identifying the necessary conditions for the implementation of SRC, as well as the required assistance to support the institutions in critical sectorial issues (finance sector, fiscal management, management of the health system, national health information system (SNIS));
• Formulating an identification report;
• Drafting an health care sector reform programme, including the implementation modalities and monitoring elements, as well as the relevant actions for the institutional support component;
• Developing an additional support programme in the specific areas of sexual and reproductive health and nutrition.