Mid-Term Review of Support Programme to Non-State Actors in Mozambique
The global objective of the assignment was to assess and continually improve the quality of EU assistance projects in order to better support Mozambique's development efforts.
The specific objective was to elaborate an independent mid-term evaluation which would provide the decision-makers in the Government of Mozambique, the relevant external co-operation services of the European Commission and the wider public with sufficient information to:
• To make an overall independent assessment of the performance of the programme, paying particularly attention to the results achieved or expected to be achieved, and potential impact of the project against its objectives;
• To draw key lessons and propose practical recommendations in order to improve current and future action and for addressing challenges faced by the programme.
A team of 2 senior experts have carried out the following tasks;
• Development of the specific evaluation questions, which were the translation of the 5 DAC evaluation criteria used to assess the programme (relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact);
• Assessment of the project’s strategy and activities in the field of visibility, information and communication;
• Formulation of specific recommendations for the PAANE project and possible future interventions;
• Formulation and finalisation of the requested reports (inception, final).