Support measures of the implementation of the Civil Society Facility 2018/19 in Turkey
The global objective of this assignment was to continue supporting the development of a vibrant civil society in Turkey through a more active democratic participation in policy and decision-making processes and by promoting a culture of fundamental rights and dialogue.
The specific objective of this assignment was to support the European Delegation to Turkey to timely design, procure and implement actions under Civil Society Facility Turkey 2018 / 2019. More particularly, this assignment should:
1) Support the EUD Turkey to formulate and to communicate on Activity 3 of the Action Document: “Supporting cultural initiatives as a mean to promote freedom of expression, dialogue, tolerance and fight against discrimination.”
2) Evaluate (mid-term evaluation) project IPA/2018/401-501 - Monitoring human rights situation and advocating for compliance with international human rights framework funded under CSF 2017 in view of the implementation of Activity 4 of the Action Document.
3) Assess three calls for proposals launched under Activities 1, 3 and 5 of the Action Document
A team of 3 experts implemented the following tasks:
• Implement consultation workshops in Istanbul and Ankara for CSO representatives;
• Conduct consultation Workshop and Draft Guidelines of call for proposals for Activity 3;
• Conduct Information Sessions or SCO representatives to promote the call for proposals under Activity 3;
• Carryout a Mid-term evaluation of the ETKINIZ project (IPA/2018/401-501: Monitoring human rights situation and advocating for compliance with international human rights framework);
• Assess proposals submitted in the framework of three different calls for proposals under Activities 1, 3 and 5 of the Action Document. Such assistance covered all phases of the evaluation process including assessment of the Concept Notes (CN) and subsequent assessment of the Full Applications (FA);
• Submit a final report summarizing activities carried out and suggesting recommendations for future interventions